Friday, April 18, 2008

In the name of?

I just discovered, playing games with Google, in some part of the country, actually some part of Orissa there exists a river I share a name with....and a valley by the river which is named the same.

I couldn't help but spill this out...trying as hard as I can to not be narcissistic....after all a similar name strikes a cord...n in most cases more than just that...

One mention of your name...could be another's too...and you wish to hear why it was in conversation.

We are all hungry for recognition, and once recognized approval...its constant...stays within us, defines our speech, action...even writing...

Its been a while, yet my face brightens up everytime I see my name in the papers, the excitement of every byline is still so unique, childlike....something I look at and smile...forgetting whatever was on my mind.....sometimes I like to wait till morning just to see the papers, my name...glance long enough to let the picture fix into my mind....just to sleep with that smile on my face...

7 comments:

kunaal said...

cool. nice name aint it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Naveen George Thomas said...

you know you're absolutely right.....and there's nothing wrong with it, too....if recognition didn't exist, even if only internal, life wouldn't be fully satisfying would it?

entwined said...

@ kunaal

yupp yupp (grins wid pride)

@ naveen

true...it has to...n its so fine to admit....yet ppl dont...i admit jumpin ard wid the paper...n makin every person ard me/ close to me read it :P....v r all born narcissists

Puppet said...

The NAME... however was not your own creation.... They put it on you.... So... it ought to be a bigger ego booster to the ppl who gave you the name.... Change your name.... to show your free will n then you can totally take the credit... For.. What is in a name....

entwined said...

@ puppet

whats in a name...true...its but a symbol of your person..an identification...your recognition..ne mark of your presence...is wat its all abt...names r symbolic...irrelevant to a person's temperament...i like mine tho :)

Puppet said...

Well yes it is fresh as the morning.... cool and calm... but freshness is what i associate with it