Friday, April 25, 2008

attempt to write a nonsensical post in a stupid senti mood

Okay...here's what it is...
For all those people who can't get past/ get their eyes off 'bad spellings'...to an extent that it feels like an illness...and then you are bombarded with all the being cynical at all times sorta taunts...
Frankly...its never hard...and I've found enough and more of my kind...even the ones...who pick the phone right up just to break the news to me...share the feeling...laughin no end and the unbearable urge of wanting to do something to it.
Its a fact, i haven't gotten past a single book without having spotted such 'mistakes'...
I touch the papers and my eyes are away from what I am reading and over one of these 'errors' in a fraction of a second...I have once spent all my time in a 'Copy Editing' exam highlighting spelling errors in parts of the paper that weren't required to be edited...leaving this at that...
The point is...I plan to make this list...list of the most amazing ones I've heard...read rather...there are a few I'l list done instantly...the ones that inspired me to dedicate a post to the cause....and ya...I plan to mention the source...the fun lies there...

Siniyars (the pronounciation couldn't get closer could it) - on an otherwise gujju 'lets make franship' kinda scrap...

On a restaurant menu- Fresh Lime Soda (Sweat/ Salt)...eeewww...really...but...where's the difference then? :P

On the same restaurant menu- Meet kadhai ...to which Dad shot an instant...Say hello to Kadhai...

There are others...like the tiny one I manage to notice everytime...on my way home from Chennai airport...Puncher Shop....seriously?...

These are all I can think of right now...dead of the night...add to them if you remember any...

11 comments:

Czar said...

:P

Puppet said...

The say hello to the Kadhai really cracked me up...

Oh btw... you cant do this... You too make an error.. By letting them know that there are us who know what they dont know....

entwined said...

@ czar
:P back

@ puppet
Hehe...cracked me up too...
and who ever lets them kno...we dont...jus get frustrated...laff it off...n forget :P

kunaal said...

hate to do this honey, but

""to an extent that it feels like a illness...and ""

..AN ILLNESS...

grammer's grammer.

entwined said...

@ kunaal

ahh...asccident....corrected my lord...

and...grammar darling...not grammer

kunaal said...

i never said i was particular. :P

notgogol said...

Bloghopped here. Hilarious post :D. You forgot to mention the genres of music the Gujjus love so much .. roke, pope and jejj. And while we're at spellings, do take time to observe the oh so lovely versions of spelling out 'Xerox' - Zerox, Zorax, Joracks, Jerocks and the one that takes the cake Zeroz.
Anyhoo, blog more often. Lovely blogs :)

Jugal said...

Ha ha :D Well, there's a copy editor inside all of us. But those spelling mistakes you pointed out have nothing to do with copy editing! The people who have written that really believe it is spelt like that. Just like how the north-east-indian "chinese" chef having a 'laari' in bombay always spells veg as बेज

Enjoyed reading the quirky post :) Will come back for more.

Btw, want to know what the editor inside me does? He cringes and shrivels up every time he sees unformatted text with random or no capitalisation and excessive use of ellipsis :P Though he's not very anally retentive on grammar so that saves my own writing from him :)

entwined said...

@ notgogol
for ur info...i share a strong n unspeakable bond wid the gujjus...they r hilarious for sure...
btw..i like your screen name :)

@ jugal
thats the part...they think its right!!...if it were jus a trick or plain sense of humour...i'd totally appreciate it...like from deep down within...
n ya...to me...nothin irks more than spellings n grammar....formatting escapes my ignorant and hugely tech phobic mind :P

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/effexorpills]effexor xr itching
[/url]effexor used to treat
effexor weight loss
effexor xr xr
buy venlafaxine hcl
venlafaxine zoloft

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]order ribavirin
[/url] rebetol online
ribavirin buy online
virazole 200 mg online