Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Beyond the window

Little as I was far far away,
Dreary and puffy eyed,
Beyond the windows it lay
I looked, I smelt, trying
To taste it in some way
Felt like an illusion
Of sleeplessness,
Long hours of prying
Until one day, I stumbled
Across reality,
The world they called ‘real’
A dream it seemed like
With those who rushed past, and
Those who wished to stay
Lurking inside, the pleasure of return
Staring at the window,
On the outside this once
Hopeful longing of
A past preserved
Wishing to turn around
To run, to leap into it
With every step taken,
Every addition to the distance
Blurred, yet sights of the window,
And beyond beckoned
Fast forward
I still look back, my eyes
Are weak with the strain
Of living, perhaps trying
Every act of,
Keeping oneself alive
Of treading on the same path
Outwards
Of losing ground, with every step
Of trying to fly,
To return to that day,
When the world outside, lay
Forbidden by the walls.

4 comments:

amrit said...

Cheer up! :) I am back! :D

Puppet said...

run....run like there are no fences.... Feel the sensation of air through your hair, as you did when you were a kid on a swing.... smile like a kid of 5 on seeing a candy.....

As I said earlier,
Queen you shall be if you wish, just find your king...

Go to the playgrounds, they are empty... the swings lie there empty...waiting for you....

Czar said...

Lovely.
Simply lovely.

I have a million thoughts running in my mind.

Will share over a _ _ _ some time. :)

entwined said...

@ amrit
yay yay!...m thrilled

@ puppet
I crave for the time...to do jus wat I feel like....

@ czar
hmmmm....looking forward to that ;)