Sunday, February 22, 2009

This takes the cake

This had to be it I realised while I was driving around not paying so much attention to the ever-blaring song-repeating radio station in my car. When a famous city doc (my job teaches me witholding names for fear of running/bumping into them and have things fired straight back at me) who was being interviewed went into mode senti as her husband called. Also a doc by profession he was asked to drop a message for his wife, and he ever so sweetly went....she is a good wife, mother...blah...blah. The smart RJ cut him short saying I can see her blush here to which the dude reacted saying, "Am I on loudspeaker?" There was utter silence untill the RJ realised what had hit him and went, "You are on air sir". Silence again until the dude said, "So she can hear me?" The conversation was obviously interrupted by a track that had been played a few minutes ago. The loudspeaker bit indeed took me by storm and I laughed for quite a while until I was back home. It beats me, How stupid is too stupid?... And how is the extent of it always proportional to the number of people witnessing/ listening to it?

No comments: